Define a Machine
- Add an entry to /etc/hosts to reflect the machine name and IP address for the NIM Machine.
- # smitty nim
- Select: Perform NIM Administration Tasks
- Select: Manage Machines
- Select: Define a Machine
- Ensure the entry fields reflect the following:
* Host name of Machine [<hostname added to /etc/hosts>]
(Primary Network Install Interface)
Machine Type [standalone]
Hardware Platform Type [chrp]
Cable Type [<F4 to ensure the proper Cabling>]
NIM Network [<Ensure this is on the correct network>]
Comments [<Describe the machine>]'''
- IBM pSeries and AIX Information Center