LVM Breaking the Persistent Reserve
From UNIX Systems Administration
- Special care must be taken when using this method of importing changes of a shared volume group. The system can become corrupted and data loss will occure.
- On the system with the online active volume group, break the persistent reserve.
- # varyonvg -bu <volume group>
- On the system you want to import the changes to, import the volume group but DO NOT activate it.
- # importvg -L <volume group> -n <physical volume>
- After the import is successful on the online active volume group, reset the persistent reserve.
- # varyonvg <volume group>